The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) National Earthquake Hazards Reduction Program (NEHRP) is pleased to announce a one-hour webinar on Earthquake Safety and Mitigation for Schools (FEMA 395). Please join and share this opportunity with other individuals and organizations who might be interested. See details below and in the attachment.
Numerous school buildings located in multiple States and U.S. territories are vulnerable to earthquake losses and damage. This includes potential:
- Death and injury of students, teachers, and staff
- Damage to or collapse of buildings
- Damage and loss of furnishings, equipment, and building contents
- Disruption of educational programs and school operations
- Inability of the community to use schools as temporary shelters
At this webinar, you will learn the following:
- How to assess and analyze your earthquake risks
- How to develop an actionable plan to reduce and manage earthquake risks
- How to initiate an earthquake risk reduction plan for existing school buildings that were not designed and constructed to meet modern building codes
- How to secure "non-structural" elements of the school facility
- How to apply "incremental seismic rehabilitation" to protect buildings and ensure occupant safety
- Why "incremental seismic rehabilitation" is an affordable alternative for school safety
- School officials, teachers, facility managers, and other local stakeholders interested in school safety and continued operations.
- No registration required.
- Thursday, January 31, 2013 at 2:00 pm EST
For more information regarding NETAP, visit National Earthquake Technical Assistance Program.
For questions regarding this webinar, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.